7890/aic7xxx 5.1.0pre5++

Juergen Hammelmann juergen at calculix.mathematik.uni-stuttgart.de
Sun Aug 2 12:29:07 PDT 1998

Hi there!

In my last mail I told you that I have success to boot with an asus p2b-ls
from haddisc!
I attached now a newer patch, because Thomas Brezing told me an newer
patch, which is better because of the I/O-Timings, then there is
another bug in pre5, the PCI-parity-error, which another people have
told... in aic7xxx_pci_intr () the PCI_STATUS is read to get the next
 PCI-Interrupt. There will be read ONE byte from PCI_STATUS, but the
PCI_STATUS is two byte long and the interrupt state bits are in the high
byte ( see at <linux/pci.h>).), so you must read and write PCI_STATUS + 1
and not PCI_STATUS!

I have integrated this patch in the attached file.

Ciao,	Juergen Hammelmann

static void
aic7xxx_pci_intr(struct aic7xxx_host *p)
{
  unsigned char status1;

#if LINUX_VERSION_CODE > KERNEL_VERSION(2,1,92)
  pci_read_config_byte(p->pdev, PCI_STATUS + 1, &status1);
#else
  pcibios_read_config_byte(p->pci_bus, p->pci_device_fn,
                                            PCI_STATUS + 1, &status1);
#endif

and ...

#if LINUX_VERSION_CODE > KERNEL_VERSION(2,1,92)
  pci_write_config_byte(p->pdev, PCI_STATUS + 1, status1);
#else
  pcibios_write_config_byte(p->pci_bus, p->pci_device_fn,
                                            PCI_STATUS + 1, status1);
#endif