7890/aic7xxx 5.1.0pre5 part. success

Greg Wickham gjw at deakin.edu.au
Sat Aug 1 01:05:17 PDT 1998

On 31-Jul-1998, at around 8:16, Jonas Oberg wrote:

] > I got the thing running!
] > On an Asus P2B-DS Mainbord ( 7890 onboard) and Linux 2.0.35 with
] > a little patch in the aic_outb - function:
]
] Congrats :) I'm afraid I can't verify them here on my system which has
] about the same setup. :( Both the 2.0 kernel and 2.1 kernel complains
] about 'Data-path ram parity error'. Any suggestions would be most
] welcome.

Have you tried building your kernel with SMP support?
(Even if it is a uni-processor).

I (think I) have just had that same problem, and it
worked for me.

] --
] Jonas - http://poledra.coyote.org:8080/~jonas/
]
] To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at FreeBSD.org
] with "unsubscribe aic7xxx" in the body of the message
]

   -Greg

Lecturer                                          Dr. Greg Wickham
School of Computing and Mathematics ______________________________
Deakin University                   Voice: (+61 3) 5227 1381
Geelong VIC 3217                    eMail: G.Wickham at deakin.EDU.AU
Australia                    WWW: http://www.cm.deakin.edu.au/~gjw