Can't enable Ultra SCSI

Doug Ledford dledford at dialnet.net
Tue Apr 28 09:06:58 PDT 1998

Richard Padley wrote:

> I have built a new initrd image, the configuration file is I believe:
>
> [root at macpress /root]# cat /etc/conf.modules
> alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx
> options aic7xxx ultra
> alias eth0 ne
> options ne io=0x340 irq=10

When using the RedHat-4.2 mkinitrd script, there are two things to
remember.  One, passing aic7xxx= options to the lilo prompt doesn't effect
anything.  Two, the variable names in the conf.modules file have to be
modified (to properly reflect the actual global variable in use).  So,
change the conf.options file above to have the line:

options aic7xxx aic7xxx_ultra=1

and make sure you have the latest mkinitrd package from the RedHat errata
set or else mkinitrd will munge that option line to something unuseable.

--

 Doug Ledford  <dledford at dialnet.net>
  Opinions expressed are my own, but