Target Mode

Justin T. Gibbs gibbs at narnia.plutotech.com
Mon Apr 20 11:49:29 PDT 1998

In article <2604.199804201249 at tina.comp.lancs.ac.uk> you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just started to implement target mode for the aic7xxx driver,
> under Linux. However, when I downloaded the latest driver (5.0.10)
> I found several references to target mode in both the sequencer code
> and the driver. Can anybody tell me the state of play as regards
> target mode implementation?

I started a target mode implementation for FreeBSD sometime last year.
I was called onto another project before I could complete the work,
so what you are seeing there is some bit rotten code from this effort.
I'm supposed to go back to working on target mode in the June time
frame, and should be completed fairly quickly there after.  Even once
completed for FreeBSD, I doubt that target mode will be available for
Linux for some time as the Linux SCSI layer makes no provisions for it.

--
Justin