More problems with AIC-7861 Rev. 3

Doug Ledford dledford at dialnet.net
Mon Apr 20 11:22:27 PDT 1998

Peter Pointner wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I still cannot get the new 2940AU stable on a Tyan PPro motherboard.
> Meanwhile I tried it in a different system: A DTK board with a 233 MHz
> AMD K6. Result: The slightly patched 2.0.29 kernel I normally use seems to
> work. At least it runs "bonnie -s 1000" without scsi timeouts.
>
> But Linux with 2.0.33 and aic7xxx 5.0.12 does not even detect the devices:
> Timeout on test unit ready, then continuously on reset. If I replace the
> adapter with an older one (with AIC-7861 Rev. 1), all is okay.
>
> Any ideas?

Sure, boot up the machine without any devices attached to the card, use the
command line aic7xxx=verbose:0xffff and then get me the output of the bootup
messages in their entirety and I'll see if I can figure out what's going
on.  Also, send me a list of the devices that would normally be connected to
this controller, the output of /proc/scsi/scsi will be sufficient for this.

--

 Doug Ledford  <dledford at dialnet.net>
  Opinions expressed are my own, but