ftp site for aic driver

Daniel M. Eischen deischen at iworks.InterWorks.org
Wed Apr 8 10:54:32 PDT 1998

> Can anybody please tell me where I can download the latest drivers. Linux
> 2.1.93 doesn4t
> compile out of the box. The problem is easy to fix but the fact that is
> does not even compile
> does not make me very confident in this release and I would rather use the
> latest driver,
> especially since my dual PII worked with 2.1.91 but crashed after about two
> days with a SCSI
> error.

I sent an Email to Linus telling him to remove the definition of u_int8_t
from sequencer.h.  That is the fix.  What is bad, is that they don't
catch these errors before releasing a kernel.  I guess it is difficult
to try and build kernels to catch compile errors in each and every
driver, though.  You could probably attempt to configure in every driver
even though the kernel link would fail.

Dan Eischen
deischen at iworks.InterWorks.org