2.1.91 SMP and aic7xxx

Robert HYATT hyatt at cis.uab.edu
Thu Apr 2 08:48:23 PST 1998

two suggestions:

1.  replace the adaptec.  I'm now using a buslogic bt958.

2.  try 2.1.92, plus Ingo's patch sent to this list this morning
some time.

#2 will be cheaper...  (my buslogic cost me about 260 dollars
US).

I personally don't have any confidence in the aic7xxx driver
based on many crashes, corrupted files/filesystems and so forth
before I became a buslogic fan.  I suspect it will get fixed just
like the Tulip problem before long...

Robert Hyatt                    Computer and Information Sciences
hyatt at cis.uab.edu               University of Alabama at Birmingham
(205) 934-2213                  115A Campbell Hall, UAB Station
(205) 934-5473 FAX              Birmingham, AL 35294-1170