WangDAT 3100

A James Lewis james at vrtx.net
Mon Dec 29 17:40:30 PST 1997

Hi,

Can anyone explain why I cant seem to get this WangDAT 3100 tape drive to
work on any fast(ish) machine?

It seems to work fine on a 486/25 with my AHA 1542 but I've tried 2 scsi
cards in my pentium and it won't play ball... the card identifies it fine
but Linux just thinks it's the same as the previous (numbered) device.....

(The real config is ID 0 is Seagate disk, ID 1 is WangDAT, ID 2 is HP
Scanner)

scsi : 1 host.
scsi0: Scanning channel A for devices.
  Vendor: SEAGATE   Model: ST34371N          Rev: 0338
Detected scsi disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
  Vendor: SEAGATE   Model: ST34371N          Rev: 0338
Detected scsi disk sdb at scsi0, channel 0, id 1, lun 0
  Vendor: HP        Model: C5110A            Rev: 3701
  Type:   Processor                          ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Detected scsi generic sgc at scsi0, channel 0, id 2, lun 0

xvscan seems to try writing to the tape and fails even though it's ID 1
and not even scsi generic.... aaaargh......

What's going on!

James (james at linuxrocks.co.uk)
Vortex Internet
"We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
	- Quote attributed to Linus Torvalds