Still SCSI problems in 2.0.33 (AHA2940)

ernst.molitor at uni-bonn.de ernst.molitor at uni-bonn.de
Thu Dec 18 18:12:13 PST 1997

Hello,

>I had reported SCSI driver problems for AHA2940 during backup to
>tape. Yesterday I had installed Linux 2.0.33 and I still had an
>error, but the details were better: The system did not crash, the
>application got an I/O error (or EOF), and I could capture the
>messages in syslog.

This is most interesting news. A few hours after installing Linux
2.0.33 on a box equipped with an AHA2940 (Pentium 166), while reading
a tape, the box crashed; I have not been present, so I don't know
whether or not an error message has been shown - the logs contained
nothing of value (so I'm totally clueless as to the specific
cause). The machine is a production box, so I'm back to 2.0.31 (this
was the first crash during two years of use...).

Best regards,

Ernst