AHA-2930 with Linux?

A James Lewis james at vrtx.net
Thu Dec 4 13:46:42 PST 1997

With respect, at least 2 people on here have been unable to use this
driver because it doesn't work in a configuration where it used to... So I
hope there is a real reason rather than 'It's a good thing(tm)'

I'll try it later!

Cheers for the confirmation that this may be the problem though...

James

On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, Doug Ledford wrote:

> On 04-Dec-97 Brian Ristuccia wrote:
> >On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, Doug Ledford wrote:
> >

> >> The card termination settings are set in the CTRL-A screen (EZ-SCSI BIOS
> >> actually is the proper name for it).  The change is that the current
> >driver
> >> is less tolerant of "iffy" termination settings.  The old driver used to
> >> tolerate things such as the SCSI bus only being terminated at one end,
> >while
> >> the latest version will blow up if that happens.
> >>

> >I take it this also increases speed and reliability?
>
> Speed, no effect, reliability, most certainly.

> E-Mail: Doug Ledford <dledford at dialnet.net>
> Date: 04-Dec-97
> Time: 15:32:22

James
Vortex Internet
 20 years ago, people were switching from UNIX to VMS...
 Now, everybody is switching from UNIX to Windows NT...
 Am I the only one who sees what is happening here?