AHA-2930 with Linux?

Doug Ledford dledford at dialnet.net
Thu Dec 4 12:44:15 PST 1997

On 04-Dec-97 Brian Ristuccia wrote:
>On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, Doug Ledford wrote:
>

>> This, again, is a termination issue.  I would try to find out what your
>> termination settings currently are for both the internal and external
>> devices to make sure it's correct.
>>

>Do I set this in the CTRL-A screen (2940 bios), as an option to the
>aic7xxx driver in Linux, or is this an issue of actual physical
>termination?

The card termination settings are set in the CTRL-A screen (EZ-SCSI BIOS
actually is the proper name for it).  The change is that the current driver
is less tolerant of "iffy" termination settings.  The old driver used to
tolerate things such as the SCSI bus only being terminated at one end, while
the latest version will blow up if that happens.

E-Mail: Doug Ledford <dledford at dialnet.net>
Date: 04-Dec-97
Time: 14:42:37