problem with Linux 2.1.48+ configuration

Dejan Ilic svedja at morgaine.rydnet.lysator.liu.se
Tue Aug 12 03:11:17 PDT 1997

The aic-code depends on AIC7XXX_CMDS_PER_LUN not being defined to enable
the heuristic code.

The problem is that AIC7XXX_CMDS_PER_LUN is allways defined if aic-driver
is selected. At least with "make menuconfig". This is not correct behavior
as the normal user shouldnt be forced to go into the config-files to fix
that. So the heuristic code is never used actualy.

Or do I just give a "0" when selecting "Maximum number of commands per
LUN" in "make menuconfig" ?

Dejan Ilic, Tech Univ. of Linkoping, Sweden   Phone: +46-13-473 01 06
Email: svedja at lysator.liu.se   Web: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~svedja

"I may look like The Devil but i'm an angel deep down in my heart"