KMS on Sandy bridge error device_attach

Thomas Zander thomas.e.zander at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 25 18:39:55 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Thomas Zander
<thomas.e.zander at googlemail.com> wrote:

> After applying the patch, when kldload'ing i915drm, there is quite
> some dmesg output (attached).
>
> I am going to build xorg and let you know whether it works. Thanks
> again for your help so far!

After rebuilding xorg and some other ports I have news: It works
absolutely fine so far!
Acceleration, shadows, compositing, everything I have tried so far
works perfectly. I can't thank you enough for your work on this topic
and your help in locating my particular issue.

After using the vesa driver for some time, accelerated X feels great again :-)
Best regards,
Riggs