[CFT] Need Testers for: sysutils/bsdconfig

Eugene Grosbein egrosbein at rdtc.ru
Fri Jun 22 07:08:03 UTC 2012

22.06.2012 10:50, Ron McDowell пишет:

>> Again, thank you very much for testing this new software.
>> P.S. Due to the large codebase comprising bsdconfig, ample precautions should be taken. I've not noticed any negative behavior in months of usage, but just be warned.
>>
>> P.P.S. I don't think on subscribed to -stable@, so include me in your replies.
> I'm one of the coauthors of this code, and I am here on -stable.  As
> stated, this port will only run on 9.0-RELEASE and later.
>
> Please give it a try!  Thanks!

I've tried it on installed 9.0-STABLE system.

1. At the moment, the documentation does not install:

Could not install package en-freebsd-doc (pkg_add: unable to fetch
'ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-9-stable/Latest/en-freebsd-doc.tbz'
by URL)

2. For system running single gmirror gm0 consisting of 2 whole disks
ada0 and ada1, 'Label allocated disk partitions' offers
only ada0 and ada1 for disklabel editor and not gm0.
And disklabel editor shows empty list of partitions.

3. Similar for FDISK Partition Editor (ada0/ada1 and not gm0 for choise),
but Partition Editor presents whole disk space as 'unused'

Note that current SATA disk prices and quality offers no choice for servers
other that some kind of RAID.

4. Networking Devices configuration presents lagg0 device as <unknown network interface type>.
It should provide descriptive string like 'Link aggregation/failover'.

5. Same for vlan16. For vlan9 is shows right 'IEEE 802.1Q VLAN network interface'.
It should work same way for vlan1-vlan4095 interfaces at least.

6. Same for ipfw0 pseudo-interface.

7. Networking Devices configuration does not allow to configure any interface
while there are mounted NFS volumes. Should present a warning only, not disallow the operation.
For example, it should be possible to configure new vlan interface while NFS mount
uses another vlan.

8. In DNS Nameserver Configuration, it's not clear that one, in fact,
can remove unneeded DNS server through two-step procedure - first try to edit,
then clear the address. It should be more obvious at first.

That's enough for this time :-)

Eugene Grosbein