Kernel modules are broken after updating to the latestFreeBSD9-STABLE

Olav Gjerde olavgg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 15:55:55 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 9:45 PM, Dewayne Geraghty
<dewayne.geraghty at heuristicsystems.com.au> wrote:
> Hi Olav,
> It seems that you're doing the same as I would, in that you start from a
> fresh base.
>
> I'd stay with csup, it is reliable and avoids the modula2 installation.
>
> Over the last 5 years, I have experienced the same weirdness on 2
> occasions, and out of desperation (no time), I've removed the source,
> /usr/obj, removed ccache (that's been a few problems), removed -j
> $((`sysctl -n hw.ncpu`+1)) and changed my source origin.  Because I'm in
> Australia, I use:
>
> *default host=cvsup3.au.freebsd.org
> #*default host=cvsup2.jp.freebsd.org
> #*default host=cvsup2.freebsd.org  # Only when updates are < 1hour old
>
> There's a page in the Handbook for urls that are close to you. I'd suggest
> that course.
> Good luck.
>
> Regards, Dewayne.
> PS If successful, please post to the list, so the cause may be
> shared/reviewed.

I got the right kernel to load after doing a make installkernel in
single user mode.
However I still have a problem starting my jails. I get the following
error message for each jail I start.

/lib/libc.so.7: version FBSD_1.3 required by /bin/sh not found

I use ezjail, are there some other way to update it than just using
ezjail-admin update -i?