Experience with Intel SATA and fbsd 8.3-amd64 ?

Victor Balada Diaz victor at bsdes.net
Fri Jun 15 11:24:59 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 04:46:21PM +0200, Kurt Jaeger wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a problem with some host: If I put heavy IO load on that
> system, write errors happen, and then it crashes.
>
> AHCI is enabled.
>
> So I suspect the controller -- has anyone experience with that controller ?

Hello Kurt,

I don't have the same controller, but we've seen problems with other intel
AHCI controllers and the new AHCI driver. Could you try running with old
ATA driver instead of ahci driver?

It helped us, might not be the case for you.

Regards.
Victor.

--
La prueba más fehaciente de que existe vida inteligente en otros
planetas, es que no han intentado contactar con nosotros.