ULE Scheduler

Momchil Ivanov momchil at xaxo.eu
Tue Jun 12 10:08:18 UTC 2012

At Tue, 12 Jun 2012 11:11:36 +0200 (CEST),
Oliver Fromme wrote:

> ?????? ?????? <momchil at xaxo.eu> wrote:
>  > I compiled the same kernel with the 4BSD scheduler today and it seems
>  > that the processes jump accross cores too.
>
> What exactly is the problem that you're seeing?  Do you have
> performance problems?  If so, then they're probably *not*
> caused by processes "jumping across cores".

When my laptop said bye bye because of the heat I thougt it might be
the scheduler, which was a mistake since I got 30 C reduction on full
load after cleaning. Therefore, I don't think that there is any
problem. I was just curious why both processes are hopping around,
because I would naively think that should not happen. Note that I am
neither software nor hardware expert, but a mere user of both. I tried
the 4BSD scheduler just because Dough asked if I did. For me the
question is resolved and I thank all of you for the replies.

> Have you read Daniel Kalchev's reply in this thread?
> He explained very well why that's not a problem usually.

No, I haven't received that one.

Regards,
Momchil