Newbie Question About System Update

Ralph Hempel rhempel at bmts.com
Wed Apr 27 07:46:58 PDT 2005

> This might be the only real advantage of a serial console.  The unit you
> pointed to is ~$4000.00, whereas 16-port serial console units run more
> like $1000.00.

I've built a number of Dell systems lately (Windows for this client) but
I always order them with the DRAC/4 card. I think it's about $350
Canadian.

It has an IP adress and you just connect using a browser and a little
JAVA app.

The really cool thing is that it lets you control the ENTIRE boot
process, including the POST and BIOS setup.

Works great, and saves me a 3.5 hour drive to the farthest client
installation...

Ralph