Mouse (moused) problems

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 13 19:33:12 PDT 2005

Didier Caamano wrote:
> the next time I booted FBSD the mouse was gone.

In your rc.conf, there's no line like:

 moused_enable="YES"

You can run sysinstall, and go to mouse configuration
and do there whatever is needed for your mouse.
This procedure will add the appropriate lines into
your rc.conf. Have a look at those lines and try
to understand what was missing in your rc.conf.

For sound support, see /usr/src/sys/conf/NOTES. It
has a section on sound and what you need for specific
sound cards. This may help.

Good luck.
Rob.