Why does security/amavisd-new depend on db3?

Craig Boston craig at yekse.gank.org
Mon Nov 14 22:52:14 PST 2005

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 02:01:26PM +0800, Jiawei Ye wrote:
> in pkgtools.conf:
>   MAKE_ARGS = {
>         'databases/p5-BerkeleyDB' => 'WITH_BDB_VER=42',
>
> in pm-020.conf
> databases/p5-BerkeleyDB|WITH_BDB_VER=42|

Does it work if you also set WITH_BDB_VER for security/amavisd-new?

I suspect that the dependencies being registered at install time for
amavisd-new are being calculated based on the environment at that time,
by recursing the ports tree rather than looking at installed packages.

A quick glance looks like:

cd /usr/ports/security/amavisd-new && make package-depends-list

shows bdb3 normally, and changes to bdb42 when WITH_BDB_VER=42 is set.
IIRC portupgrade and portmanager both install ports one at a time, so if
the list is created in this way you may need to make sure the options
are consistent for all the ones affected by them...

If that works, it's not necessarily portmanager's fault but rather a bug
(feature?) in the ports system.

Craig