OCE and GPT

Andrey V. Elsukov bu7cher at yandex.ru
Wed Apr 21 12:56:27 UTC 2010

On 21.04.2010 16:26, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> will your patch take care of moving the second copy of GPT towards (new) disk end
> if disk size is increased?

Current implementation of resize feature is targeted to resize
providers withing scheme. But with GPT we have problem, after
booting with bigger media size the second partition table will
be lost. And GPT will be broken. I think first of it should be recovered.
And there are some plans about implementing this feature.
After that partitions within scheme can be resized with my patch.

Recovering of GPT will write secondary table and also should fix internal
information about media size. And there can be several ways (if we think about
generic implementation). What should we do when media size will be smaller that
it was before? Should we reject this way of recovering and allow recovering
only for the same size or bigger media size?

--
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov