5.2R + ULE crash

Doug White dwhite at gumbysoft.com
Sun Jan 25 11:28:41 PST 2004

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, John wrote:

> Well i'm kinda fly blind on the crash dump so if anyone else wants me to
> show something else just let me know.
> This happened on Day 4.5 of compiling Open Office 1.1.
> I haven't touched much of anything else on the system after the
> crash but i did have a power failure a day after the crash.
> Oh btw /usr is also nfs exported on this box and i did have a client
> using /usr at the time of the crash. (mounted via mount_nfs with no options)

Does the machine have ECC memory?

The panic location doesn't make a whole lot of sense -- its in the local
apic management code. Looks like it got passed bogus data, two 0
arguments. Frame 11 is where the original trap occured, the rest is extra
garbage.

You might contact jhb at freebsd.org about this and see what you can extract.
Considering the machine was running OK under load for several days, I'm
thinking it may have been a memory error or possible overheat-type fluke.
How well ventilated is the system? :)

Make sure you forward your original message since I'm going to chop out a
huge amound of your post for space savings.