I'm Dumb (was: Dead in the water - 5.2-Current Show Stopper)

Jonathan T. Sage sagejona at theatre.msu.edu
Thu Jan 22 12:26:36 PST 2004

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 15:10, Jonathan T. Sage wrote:
>
>>Jan 22 15:07:48 www sm-mta[698]: i0MJvrVi000698: SYSERR(root): collect:
>>I/O error on connection from mail01.cablenet.ne.jp,
>>from=<christen at cablenet.ne.jp>
>

> You sure you're not foundering under a wave of Beagle virus email?

Brandon - well, thanks for making me feel stupid.  While I'm not 100%
sure this is the case, the maillog does lead me to believe that
something is going on.  I just seemed odd because my load average was
realativly low.  but as I imagine my server may not be alone, the poor
performance could be a result of the entire university being hit.
Definatally a good start.  Thank you :):)

~jon

--
"Yesterday upon the stair I saw a man
who wasn't there, he wasn't there