LOC per committer?

Wilko Bulte wkb at freebie.xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 21 11:44:32 PST 2004

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 02:37:18PM -0500, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
> At 9:41 AM +0000 1/21/04, Colin Percival wrote:
> >  Has anyone done any graphs of lines-of-code for each committer
> >over the lifetime of the project?  I know that rwatson produced
> >all sorts of graphs relating to the number of commits, but lines
> >of code is something I haven't yet seen anywhere.
>
> I don't like LOC measurements.  It's a measurement which can be
> seriously misleading.  There are so many ways it can be wrong (IMO),
> that I'd hate to have it posted.

My idea exactly. Where does it say that lines of code equate to
contribution to the Project? E.g. I think we can agree that folks
like admins@, donations@, www@ etc do very useful work which does
not equate to lines of code.

I feel this is an utterly useless discussion.

Followups to -chat.

W/

--
Wilko Bulte				wilko at FreeBSD.org