ACPI issue with ASUS P5A motherboard on 5.2-RELEASE

Roberto Nunnari roberto.nunnari at supsi.ch
Sun Jan 18 11:56:05 PST 2004

I had the same problem with my Asus.. I solved it by
putting the following line in /boot/loader.conf

debug.acpi.disable="timer"

that was because of a broken ACPI timer (Asus motherboard with
Aladdin chipset).

Hope that helps.

Best regards.
--
               Roberto Nunnari -software engineer-
                mailto:roberto.nunnari at supsi.ch
  Scuola Universitaria Professionale della Svizzera Italiana
              Dipartimento Tecnologie Innovative
                   http://www.dti.supsi.ch
  SUPSI-DTI
  Via Cantonale                        tel: +41-91-6108561
  6928 Manno                 """       fax: +41-91-6108570
  Switzerland               (o o)